Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
We have recieved our first film submission to our Fall Bike Film Festival! The bar has been set!
This is the opportunity for everyone to be a film producer, director and actor! Tune up your bike, charge the camera batteries, head out,capture the action and you could win $500!
More information and submission guidelines can be found here.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
I know for sure that the MVSTA Groomers are magicians with the snow! The skiing is still incredible in the Rendezvous and Sun Mountain areas. What the groomers have been able to do with the snow this year is nothing short of magic. Today ends our regular season of selling trail passes HOWEVER because the skiing is so good we will be doing selected grooming in the Sun Mountain and Rendezvous areas throughout the coming week and offering free skiing. So despite the low snow year our groomers have carried us until the same closing day as last year! And each day has been incredibly good skiing.
Here's what the groomers know for sure:
1. It doesn't take a lot of snow to make perfect Nordic Trails.
2. A Groomer's work takes dedication, patience, mechanical wizardry and a love of skiing.
3. The ribbon of trail we groom lasts a very long time! Rain showers or warm temperatures do not melt away the trail in a day.
4. Winter is a lot shorter than spring, summer and fall so you should take every opportunity you can to ski and ski often.
5. Groomers prefer to bask in the moonlight rather than the spotlight. They are out at 2,3,and 4am creating perfect corduroy.
6. Job satisfaction comes in grooming over a trail littered with skate ski marks.
7. Your support of MVSTA supports the paycheck of a groomer, the fuel, the machinery, the maintenance and the magic.
Thanks for a great season!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
BALLOON! A crystal-clear blue sky was the backdrop for the Winthrop Balloon Round-up and the start of the Winter Triathlon. What a great day! Congratulations to everyone who biked, skied and ran (and ran) in this event today. Below are just a few photos and results can be found here. Thank you for coming and supporting Methow Valley recreational activities!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
This Saturday is the MVSTA Winter Triathlon. Perfect weather is forecasted for the three sports of biking, skiing and running! This weekend is also the Winthrop Balloon Roundup which is a breathtaking visual event not to be missed! Ski conditions are still very good up at Sun Mountain and the Rendezvous. Get out and enjoy!