Top 10 Reasons to sign up for the Methow Nordic Festival!
1. SKI for FREE on Friday (not to mention free rentals and lessons) all day, all trails, on Friday the 22nd. Trailhead goodies thanks to Rocking Horse Bakery. Free ice skating that the Winthrop outdoor rink, 1:00-6:00pm. The perfect excuse to take a personal three-day weekend!
2. The Methow Community Trail is the Valley’s signature trail experience, and over the weekend you can classic, skate, race or tour your way up and down this five-star trail.
3. Shuttle Bus rides provided between the Town Trailhead and Mazama Trailhead both Saturday and Sunday. Your trail pass is your ticket to ride.
4. The Pursuit race is a 2 day race on a 30K course that goes up valley one day, and back down the next day. Do it for fun with friends, or aim for the podium. “The Pacific Northwest’s Birkebeiner!”
5. Fat Bike Demo offered by Methow Cycle and Sport on Friday the 22nd. If you have not tried it out yet – it’s time!
6. Happy Hour at the Mazama Store – Beer on tap and tasty chili feed at the hippest little country store you’ve ever been to. Saturday afternoon – a great way to convene, recover and celebrate.
7. Kids Ski and Race for FREE in the Methow Valley every day of the year. Bring your whole family!
8.Salmon Dinner – Great food and a great cause (Methow Valley Nordic Team). Join your fellow skiers and enjoy a delicious meal and community gathering that the BARN on Saturday night.
9. The Methow Experience – Even if you did not sign up for any of the organized events, just being in the Methow in the wintertime is an experience not to be missed. Friendly people, world-class trails, snowy mountain peaks and SUN!
10. Winter – This may be the Methow Valley’s best winter ever. Come join us!