Wednesday, November 19, 2014
WINNERS of 3-day ski passes for you and a friend ($114 value) are:
*THANK YOU REI for letting us connect with skiers in Seattle.
We are very excited to hit the road for our annual Seattle REI store visit. Methow Trails will be right in front of the beautiful fireplace at the Seattle REI store the day after Thanksgiving and the next on Saturday. Stop by and talk with James and Mike about all the great enhancements to the trails this winter. We will have copies of our new Trails magazine and new maps. Enter to win 3-day Ski Passes for you and a friend!
We don't get out the Methow much but this certainly is one of the highlights when we do. Looking forward to connecting with skiers, fat bikers and snowshoe fanatics on the west side.
Friday, November 28 10:00am -2:00pm
Saturday, November 29 10:00am - 2:00pm
Monday, November 10, 2014
Top Ten Reasons to sign up for the Methow Nordic Festival
- SKI for FREE (not to mention free rentals and lessons) all day, all trails, on Friday January 23rd. The perfect excuse to take a personal three-day weekend
- The Methow Community Trail is the Valley’s signature trail experience, and over the weekend you can classic, skate, race, tour or relay your way up and down this five-star trail
- The Pursuit race is a 2 day race on a 30K course that goes up valley one day, and back down the next day. Do it for fun with friends, or aim for the podium. Relay option for teams of three. “The Pacific Northwest’s Birkebeiner!”
- Rainshadow Running is offering a 15K winter trail run up on the Sun Mountain Trails on Saturday morning. This is a first, and could be a new winter tradition! And yes…….the traditional pizza and beer party is happening too!
- Methow Endurance is offering a FREE clinic (specifically for runners) who want to take the leap and try out Nordic skiing and/or racing. Saturday afternoon in Mazama.
- Fat Bike Demo offered by Methow Cycle and Sport on Friday the 23rd. If you have not tried it out yet – it’s time!
- Happy Hour at The Mazama Store – Beer on tap and tasty chili feed at the hippest little country store you’ve ever been to. Saturday afternoon – a great way to convene, recover and celebrate.
- Kids Ski and Race for FREE in the Methow Valley every day of the year. Bring your whole family!
- Salmon Dinner – Great food and a great cause (Methow Valley Nordic Team). Join your fellow skiers, runners and bikers and enjoy a delicious meal and community gathering that the BARN on Saturday night.
- The Methow Experience – Even if you did not sign up for any of the organized events, just being in the Methow in the wintertime is an experience not to be missed. Friendly people, world-class trails, snowy mountain peaks and SUN!
(photos courtesy of Mitchellimage.com)
Sunday, November 2, 2014
Keep Pipestone Pretty Project
Project update: Thanks to those who came out an joined us. Our small group collected over 1140 pounds of cans, bottles and tin from the trails and roads in Pipestone! Unfortunately we didn't get it all. If you are out in Pipestone or anywhere hiking we hope you will take that extra moment to pick up little and recycle it where you can. Our beautiful Valley just keeps getting prettier!
Looking for a great way to give back to an area affected by the fires this summer? Join the Methow Trails Board and Staff on Tuesday, November 4th at 9am for a Keep Pipestone Pretty Project.
If you have been out to Pipestone Canyon since the fire you may have noticed that the area is rapidly returning with flowers blooming, grasses growing and wildlife roaming. However, with the barren landscape, trash that has accumulated over the years is very visable. Join Methow Trails as we tackle a garbage pick-up of the roads and trails of Pipestone Canyon.
Tuesday, November 4
Meet at 9am
Junction of Bear Creek Road and Lester Road- across the street from Rhys Court’s Sculputure Yard- right where the pavement ends on Bear Creek Road.
Bring your own gloves and water and food as needed.
Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty with charcoal ash.
Bright clothing may also be preferred as hunting may be happening in the area.
Methow Trails will provide the trash bags.
Individuals will break into groups and walk sections of Pipestone picking up trash.
Project is only expected to last a couple of hours.
Thanks for joining our Keep Pipestone Pretty Project!